Begonia fusicarpa is an epiphytic, perennial plant.
The plant is harvested from the wild for local medicinal use.
West tropical Africa - Liberia.
Epiphytic on fallen trees in forests at low elevations up to 500 metres[
- African Flowering Plants Database
- Conservatoire et Jardin Botaniques.
- Contains information on over 150,000 plant names (including synonyms) giving a description and habitat, plus a distribution map.
The plant sap is applied to wounds[
- The Useful Plants of West Tropical Africa.
- Burkil. H. M.
- Royal Botanic Gardens; Kew.
- 1985 - 2004
- Brief descriptions and details of the uses of over 4,000 plants. A superb, if terse, resource, it is also available electronically on the Web - see http://www.aluka.org/
If you have any useful information about this plant, please leave a comment. Comments have to be approved before they are shown here.