Arduina tetramera Sacleux
Carissa tetramera is a shrub or small tree growing up to 4 metres tall. The plant is armed with strong spines that are usually forked.
The edible fruit is gathered from the wild for local consumption.
East tropical Africa - Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, northern S. Africa.
- Flora Zambesiaca
- An excellent online flora of plants from the Zambezi River basin. It lists a number of the plant uses as well as the habitats and botanical descriptions of the plants.
Fruit - raw[
- Edible Wild Plants of Tanzania
- Ruffo, C.K.: Birnie, A. & Tengnas, B.
- Regional Land Management Unit; Nairobi.
- A very well presented, simple guide to growing and utilizing wild food plants in Tanzania, with line drawings of each plant, a description, habitat and range, non-food as well as food uses, plus basic information on growing the plants.
If you have any useful information about this plant, please leave a comment. Comments have to be approved before they are shown here.